Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Door Plates - before and after

Today I painted 20 door knob plates for Nella's doors - they went from this





Ughhh - nasty looking things 
To this


and a close up

OMG - I so want these
Talk about Art Deco at it's finest - aren't they something else?
Now I realize there are only a select amount of people who could get excited about this -
but I am definitely one of them -
These are very costly to buy - I have seen them from 49.00 to 129.00 ( and one site listed
them at 349.99 but the handles themselves were art deco shaped as well )
THERE ARE 20 OF THEM........................even buying the cheaper ones at 49.00, the cost
would have been 1000.00 dollars -

Hmmm - maybe there is a business opportunity here, lol

I used Rustoleum Satin Nickel finish - what do you think?

xxx

Party time! Linking up to these gracious hostesses

Miss Mustard Seed http://missmustardseed.com/
French Country Cottage http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Decorating Insanity http://www.decoratinginsanity.com/

4 comments:

  1. How. Lovely. I love Art Deco and I love door plates. I am definitely one of the select few who love this. Love the satin nickel finish, it makes them look very glam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Me. I want them!!! So there's at least 3 of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should sell them and tell her I lost them, lol
    I could start a bidding war!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love art deco too, and you totally salvaged these! Great job Suzy!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo